Fit girls do it best 💪 pic.twitter.com/5jAaFP3erN
— Girls In Yoga Pants (@YogaDeluxe) October 25, 2014
Yoga pants are like a push-up bra for your butt. The right pair lifts your booty and makes you feel like you've squatted your way to a tighter tush. When you feel fat slip on a pair of Nike's Legend Slim yoga pants and you have an instant outfit that fits perfectly. And makes you look skinny, too!
There are multitude of reasons yoga pants are the perfect piece of clothing:
- They're the ideal travel outfit.
- They give us that "just from the gym" look. I'm an athlete, damnit!
- You can wear them anywhere.
- You can eat as much as you want and still fit in them. I can't tell you how many times I have worn them to a boozy brunch featuring mimosas, bloodies and a basket of bread.
BAM. There's the rub. Or the muffin top.
Yoga pants are making us fat.
In my former life when I lived in tight dresses every day for TV purposes, I could tell if I had packed on a few pounds. That Burberry beauty doesn't lie. If I had an indulgent weekend, I felt it on Monday.
But yoga pants, they're like that bitchy girl from high school, the one who lied and said you looked great when you really had Cheetohs cheese dust all over your face.
3 Ways To Avoid Getting Fat Wearing Yoga Pants
|Spanx Workout Pants - A Sneaky Fat Pill|
- Actually workout. Yoga pants are awesome if you actually exercise in them. And if you do hit the gym, don't eat Tex-Mex and drink three Mambo Taxis while wearing them afterwards. Trust me. One bowl of queso turns to four in snap.
- Tight jeans. Really. If you're feeling fat or wondering if you have let the scale slide a bit too far, spend a day in your tightest pair of jeans or a form fitting dress. There's nothing like a muffin top spilling over the waistband or that "Holy crap, am I going to rip this seam?" feeling to help you get your diet back on track.
- Never take off your Spanx workout pants. Yes, these gifts from the Spanx Goddess exist.
Get The Real Skinny
Want more diet and fitness news? Click HERE to sign up for my weekly newsletter or just fill in the information in the box below. You will get an email, generally on Wednesday, full of simple diet and fitness tips like this one.