|Neiman Marcus Red Velvet Rose Cake|
This is one of those "well, duh" diet tips but it's one we tend to follow in theory, rather than at the table.
Go ahead and eat the rich, decadent dessert but don't eat all of it. Eat only three bites. You don't need every last bite of the key lime pie, chocolate cherry bundt cake or (in my case) Baklava Ice Cream Cake from Ziziki's.
This is how it works:
- Order dessert or, if you're at home, put it on the table. Make the presentation nice.
- Take a normal-size bite.
- Put down your fork. Remember that one?
- Slowly savor your dessert.
- Repeat steps 2 through 5 two more times.
- After your third bite, put down the fork for good and push away the plate.
- Enjoy what you just had and be proud of the fact you didn't gorge.
That's it! It works. Try it the next time you go out to eat or make dessert at home. It's a truly effective method to lose weight or maintain your hard-earned weight loss.