One night a week have a vegetable-based dinner. That's it! It's so much easier and more delicious than you think.
We know we need to eat more vegetables but we don't do it. This gets you in the habit.
Stumped on what to make? Here are some ideas:
- Spaghetti squash with tomatoes, garlic, olive oil and basil.
- A veggie-based soup - I love my kale, lentil & sweet potato.
- A mish-mash of steamed vegetables - broccoli, sweet potato, cauliflower, brussel sprouts....you get the idea. Top with any seasoning you like.
- A huge veggie salad - use a dark lettuce and go wild creating a big vegetable mix featuring onions, tomatoes, avocado, carrots, celery, beets, mushrooms, olives, artichoke hearts, whatever rocks your veggie world.
- Steamed cauliflower with mustard - I could eat this as a meal almost every day.
- Deep dish polenta pizza, recipe courtesy of Cooking Light.
- Eggplant Mexicano, recipe courtesy of Readers' Digest.